If you are a contractor remodeler or a general contractor looking for stone countertops, you want to partner with a knowledgeable company you can trust. At Milwaukee Marble & Granite, we have been working with contractors and remodelers since 1894 to find the best materials at the perfect price point. Our team of natural stone and cultured surface experts will learn about your construction or remodel project and walk you and/or your client through the entire process. We are known for an expansive stone selection and wealth of knowledge that we use to deliver the best service to our customers.
Why turn to MMG for commercial countertops?
We are the oldest continually operating fabricator and installer in Wisconsin and we have earned a rock-solid reputation for providing uncompromising quality. Throughout MMG’s duration, we have maintained the highest levels of integrity, unparalleled customer service, and superior products to customers throughout southeastern Wisconsin and nationwide. We offer marble, granite, engineered quartz, compact sintered surfaces, and more for residential, commercial, and multi-family projects. MMG also proudly carries Dry Treat Superior Cleaners and Sealers so you can have peace of mind with their lifetime guarantee. We will not finish your project unless it meets the highest quality standards in service, selection, fabrication, and installation. Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
What products do you offer and how do I choose which option is best for my project?
We are committed to our customers, so we start by getting to know you as a contractor and the details of your project. Our countertop experts will explain all of our products and make a recommendation based on the purpose of the countertops, the look you are aiming for, and your ideal budget. We carry natural stones such as marble, granite, and quartzite, as well as engineered quartz and sintered compact surfaces. In addition to our countertops, we offer cleaners and sealers as well as a large selection of exceptional cabinetry to complement your new countertops.
What natural stones do you offer and what are their qualities?
- Granite is a beautiful and versatile stone, great for indoor and outdoor use in countertops, flooring, and more. Pitting, veining, and fissures are a natural part of granite and add to its unique appearance. There are many types of granite available at every price point. The quality, longevity, rich colors, and patterns that granite offers makes it one of the most popular building materials. It is incredibly durable and resistant to heat, scratches and stains. Granite does need to be resealed, so MMG carries sealer with a lifetime guarantee.
- Marble: Marble is both elegant and durable stone, which is why it has been used by royalty for thousands of years. It is typically selected because of its stunning appearance, and it can be used for interior flooring, countertops, and vertical applications. The cool, smooth texture of marble makes it perfect for cooking and baking. It is important to consider that marble is sensitive to acids and other chemicals and may show natural irregularities. Because marble is a premium stone, it is better suited for more flexible budgets. Marble is softer than granite and more likely to scratch and stain. Our Dry Treat superior cleaners and sealers offer protection from staining and make it easier to clean.
- Quartzite: Quartzite is the best of both worlds; it has the strength and resistance of granite and the elegance of marble. It is a great choice for countertops, flooring, wall applications, and more. Like granite, quartzite has natural irregularities that add to its appearance. Because of its high-end qualities, it may not be appropriate for all budgets.
What types of engineered stone do you offer and what are their qualities?
- Engineered Quartz: This man-made stone offers a wide variety of colors and designs that are consistent in durability, and cleanability which makes it an easy choice for countertops, wall panels and more. It is a manufactured product composed mostly of natural quartz, with a small amount of other materials to enhance structure and appearance. Engineered quartz is very durable and resistant to scratches and stains. A wide range of designs are available that can accommodate any decor.
- Sintered Compact Surfaces: Sintered compact surfaces are an engineered product made from naturally occurring materials such as clay, feldspar, silica, and mineral oxides. Color and design are controlled much like quartz. Slabs are typically thinner, and so, lighter in weight than other slab products; and are versatile in application. It is extremely resistant to scratches, stains, and heat. Sintered surfaces are also resistant to UV light and have low moisture absorption, which make it a great choice for outdoor use.
What lead time can I expect for my construction project?
Most kitchen builders and remodelers work on a limited timeline, so our process is streamlined to get you your countertop supplies when you need them. We have six distributors locally and several more in Chicago, which significantly expedites the process. For a single residential kitchen you can expect a 1-2 week lead time. If you are a contractor working on a multi-family project requiring imported and cut-to-size stone, the lead time may be longer. We are proud that we have some of the shortest lead times in the industry. Even during the peak of the pandemic supply chain issues, we were able to deliver in a six-week maximum lead time, while other companies were anywhere from 18-36 weeks.
How can I choose the stone that is right for my construction or remodeling project?
Homeowners trust you as their contractor to aid them in selecting products that will meet their needs and stay within budget. Our team of experts is here to walk with you and the homeowner every step of the way. The most appropriate natural stone or engineered stone may depend on the purpose of the countertops and whether they are installed prior to selling or as a kitchen remodel.
We gladly work with homeowners, contractors, remodelers, builders, architects, and developers to provide great products at every price point. Make an appointment at our showroom and let us help you find the perfect natural or engineered stone countertops for your project. Contact us and let us show you why Milwaukee Marble and Granite is known for exceptional stone countertops and outstanding customer service.