If you are a homeowner looking for stone countertops for a kitchen remodel, you want to work with a knowledgeable company you can trust. At Milwaukee Marble & Granite, we have been working with homeowners since 1894 to find the best stone at the perfect price point. Our team of natural stone and cultured surface experts will take the time to learn what you are looking for and guide you through the entire process. We are known for an expansive stone selection and wealth of expertise that we use to deliver the best product service to our customers.
Why turn to MMG for your countertops?
We are a service-oriented company and the oldest continually operating fabricator and installer in Wisconsin. Throughout our company’s history, we have earned a rock-solid reputation for providing the highest levels of integrity, unparalleled customer service, and superior products to homeowners. We offer marble, granite, engineered quartz, compact sintered surfaces and more for home kitchen building and remodeling. MMG also proudly carries Dry Treat Superior Cleaners and Sealers that offer a lifetime guarantee. Your project is not complete unless it meets the highest quality standards in service, selection, fabrication, and installation. Your satisfaction is our guarantee.
What products do you offer and how do I choose which option is best for my project?
We are committed to our customers, so we start by getting to know you as a homeowner and what you want from your countertops. Our expert service agents will explain all of our products and make a recommendation based on the purpose of your countertops, the look you are aiming for, and your ideal budget. We carry natural stones such as marble, granite, and quartzite, as well as engineered quartz and sintered compact surfaces. In addition to our countertops, we offer cleaners and sealers as well as a large selection of exceptional cabinetry to complement your new countertops.
What natural stones do you offer and what are their qualities?
- Granite is a beautiful and versatile stone, great for indoor and outdoor use in countertops, flooring, and more. Irregularities in color and pattern are a natural part of granite and add to its unique appearance. There are many types of granite available at every price point. The quality, longevity, rich colors, and patterns that granite offers makes it a popular choice for kitchen countertops. It is incredibly durable and resistant to heat, scratches, and stains that may occur from everyday use. To keep it looking great, granite does need to be resealed, so MMG carries sealer with a lifetime guarantee.
- Marble: Marble is both an elegant and durable stone, which is why it has been used for thousands of years. It is typically selected because of its high-end appearance, and because it can be used for interior flooring, countertops, and even wall applications and architectural features. The cool, smooth texture of marble makes it perfect for cooking and baking. It is important to consider that marble is sensitive to acids and other chemicals and may show natural irregularities. Because marble is a premium stone, it is better suited for more flexible budgets. Marble is softer than granite and more likely to scratch and stain, so it may not be the optimal choice for every family. Our Dry Treat superior cleaners and sealers offer protection from staining and make it easier to clean.
- Quartzite: Quartzite is the best of both worlds; it has the strength and resistance of granite and the elegance of marble. It is a great choice for countertops, flooring, wall applications, and more. Like granite, quartzite has natural irregularities that add to its character. Because of its upscale qualities, it may not be appropriate for all budgets.
What types of engineered stone do you offer and what are their qualities?
- Engineered Quartz: This man-made stone offers a wide variety of colors and designs that are consistent in durability and easy to clean, which makes it an easy choice for countertops, wall panels, and more. It is a manufactured product composed mostly of natural quartz, with a small amount of other materials to enhance structure and appearance. Engineered quartz is long-lasting and resistant to scratches and stains. A wide range of designs are available that can accommodate any style of kitchen or bath.
- Sintered Compact Surfaces: Sintered compact surfaces are an engineered product made from naturally occurring materials such as clay and minerals. The color and design are controlled much like quartz. Slabs are typically thinner and lighter in weight than other stone slabs and are versatile in application. These manufactured surfaces are extremely resistant to scratches, stains, and heat. Sintered surfaces are also resistant to UV light and have low moisture absorption, which make it a great choice for outdoor use.
What lead time can I expect?
You don’t want to wait longer than you need to for your new kitchen countertop. Our process is streamlined to get you your countertops quickly without unnecessary delays. We have six distributors locally and several more in Chicago, which significantly expedites the process. For a single residential kitchen you can expect a 1-2 week lead time. If you are a contractor working on a multi-family project requiring imported and cut-to-size stone, lead time may be longer. We are proud of the fact that we have some of the shortest lead times in the industry. Even during the peak of the pandemic supply chain issues, we maintained just a six-week maximum lead time, while other companies were anywhere from 18-36 weeks.
How can I choose the stone that is right for me?
As a homeowner, you may have questions and concerns about selecting natural or engineered stone for your kitchen counters. Our team of experts is here to provide you with all of the information you need and work with you every step of the way. The most appropriate materials may depend on the purpose of the countertops and whether you are remodeling your kitchen for your own enjoyment or prior to selling your home.
We love getting to know our homeowners and finding them the best products at the best price. Make an appointment at our showroom and let us help you find the perfect natural or engineered stone countertops for your kitchen. Contact us and let us show you why Milwaukee Marble and Granite is known for exceptional product selection and outstanding customer service.